Analytical testing of radioactivity in the environment
Eurofins Eichrom Laboratories are accredited by COFRAC, the French accreditation body (a member of ILAC), and satisfy the requirements specified in standard ISO 17025. Eichrom offers a service tailored to the client's specific requirements for radiological characterisation, in order to satisfy European and international regulations governing environmental impact monitoring.
Do you need to?
Eurofins Eichrom Laboratories have set up a complete analytical facility equipped with the technical and human resources it needs to perform the analyses specified in the regulations for radioactivity.
|Soils - Sludges - Sand - Sediments
Plants - Fruits & vegetables
Seawater - Ground water - Effluent
|Alpha emitters: 238/239+240Pu, 234/235/238U, 241Am, 244Cm, …
Beta emitters: 3H, 14C, 241Pu, 90Sr, 90Y, 99Tc, 63Ni, 55Fe, 36Cl, …
Gamma emitters: 134/137Cs, 60Co, 226Ra, 228Ra, 106Ru, ...
Eurofins Eichrom's environmental analysis service includes not just comprehensive measurement of radioactivity, but also:
- Processing and preparing your samples using methods appropriate to the matrix received (and to the nature of the sampling method: auger-sampler, coring, cross-section sampling, pumped...)
- Implementing Eichrom protocols developed for radiological analyses and based on the use of alpha spectrometry, gamma spectrometry, liquid scintillation counting…
- Very high detection sensitivity levels in order to satisfy regulatory requirements and as required by the client
- Delivering your results quickly, or even urgently, in a format compatible with importing the information into a database
- A multitude of COFRAC-accredited analyses: this official recognition provides a guarantee of the quality of Eichrom's technical performance, and confirms that its quality system complies with standard ISO 17025
- Managing the shipping of your samples, on request.
Many international clients have placed their trust in Eichrom Laboratories for their analyses, such as:
- The ANDRA Manche (CSM-France) radioactive waste storage centre, for which we perform environmental and daily monitoring by conducting radiological measurements of rainwater runoff, rain, effluent and vegetation.
- ITER (International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor) at Cadarache (France) for which we have determined the "zero-point" for the site selected for the construction of this international project. The zero-point is the initial condition of the environmental impact assessment that necessitates radiological measurements of very low levels of contamination in soils, vegetation, water, etc.
- More references and client endorsements
Are you involved in an environmental project and looking for an experienced laboratory that delivers high-quality results? If you are, then get in touch so that we can develop with you a suitable technical proposal and pricing structure. Contact us!